Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Christopher "Chris" Baker (also known as Fangorn) was a cover artist for British and German versions of the Redwall books. He also provided the interior illustrations for three books and served as a creative consultant for the Redwall TV Series. Baker works as a storyboard and film conceptual artist, and has worked with Stanley Kubrick.
Baker's pseudonym "Fangorn" is derived from a character of J.R.R Tolkien's Lord of the Rings series.
He was born August 17th, 1960, in Birmingham, England.
Education: Bournville School of Art
- Gravity (2012) (concept artist)
- Leap Year (2010) (storyboard artist)
- The Tale of Despereaux (2008) (environmental designer)
- Quantum of Solace (2008) (conceptual design and storyboards)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) (storyboard artist)
- The Golden Compass (2007) (storyboard artist)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) - concept/storyboards (in 2004)
- Corpse Bride (2005) - concept design (in 2003)
- Big Fish (2003) - storyboards (in 2002)
- Road to Perdition (2002) - storyboards (in 2000)
- The Time Machine (2002) - concept/storyboard artist (uncredited) (in 2000)
- Artificial Intelligence: AI (2001) - concept/storyboard artist (in 1999)
- Eyes Wide Shut (1999) - concept artist (in 1996)
UK covers and UK/US illustrations
UK covers only
- Mariel of Redwall
- Martin the Warrior
- The Bellmaker
- Outcast of Redwall
- The Pearls of Lutra
- The Long Patrol
- The Taggerung