Rose leads Martin and the others to Noonvale, where they are welcomed by her father Urran Voh and learn that Brome has not made it back home. Unknown to them, Brome is attacking Marshank and a terrible battle is engaged. Badrang accidentally fires upon his own crew and Felldoh, heartbroken at the death of a young mouse, swears revenge. Something terrible is happening to the once peaceful Felldoh, which deeply troubles Brome. Urran Voh too is troubled when Martin wants to use his creatures to return and attack Marshank. Rose is warned of Martin by her worried parents.
At Marshank, Badrang tries to rally his frightened troops under javelin fire while Clogg craftily hides out of sight. Felldoh returns to camp, after his single-handed battle, with a strange and troubling levity. He seems to have made his mind up about something that he will not reveal. He creeps from the camp, followed by the very troubled Brome and Keyla. They watch in horror as Felldoh attacks Marshank alone, unaware that he is walking into a deadly trap. At Noonvale, to her parent's dismay, Rose announces she will follow Martin, whatever the cost.
Differences from Martin the Warrior
- In the book, Juniper is killed when he jumps up after he hit a guard. In the series, he is killed when he is running away and drops his sling.
- The mouse Yarrow doesn't appear in this episode.
- In the book, Felldoh kills 20 of the hordebeasts at Marshank, and he beats up Badrang. However, in the series, he doesn't kill any of the beasts, and just points Martin's sword at him after he pins down Badrang.
At the end of the episode, Martin shouts the Fur and Freedom Fighter's battlecry. But at the time, Martin didn't know about them, so he also couldn't have known their battlecry.
This episode includes the exact same featurettes from The Return of Clogg.
- "Laterose of Noonvale"
- "Behind the Scenes at Nelvana: Animating Rose with Lisa Whittick"
- "Composers Jack Procher and Daniel Fernandez: Writing a song for Rose"
- "Pirate Songs"
|The Redwall TV Series, Season 3|
01 Captured | 02 The Return of Clogg | 03 Escape from Marshank | 04 New Friends and Old Enemies | 05 The Play's the Thing | 06 Freedom and Monsters | 07 The Great Escapes | 08 From Marsh to Mountain Heights | 09 Heroes and Fools | 10 Tunnel Vision | 11 Felldoh's Revenge | 12 Battlefield Marshank | 13 Rose of Noonvale