Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The program consisted of comedy, opera, and international music, and went from 5:30pm - 7pm on Sunday afternoons.
Jakestown started each week with the song "My Liverpool"; the song was performed by the Liverpool Fishermen. The song is also the first work to appear in the book Jakestown: My Liverpool. The following verse could be heard in the intro:
- The drizzle on the cobbles in the early mornin', that's my Liverpool.
- With a half eaten butty an' yer lace undone, y'gonna be late for school.
- There's a ship with a cargo of containers coming in through the locks
- an' a bus with a cargo of hangovers headin' down to the docks.
- My Liverpool's a town of dogs an' kids all kickin' up in the street
- Won't you give that dog a bone, Ma. Give that kid a sweet.
- An' the people know how to treat a stranger See that open door
- If You've never had a plate of my Ma's scouse, then you've never lived before
- It's roarin' bustlin' open wide, the northwest gate to Merseyside.