Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A season is a unit of time in Redwall. It is the most common unit used to refer to a period of time spanning several months. There are four seasons: spring, summer, autumn, and winter. According to the introduction of the Tenth Anniversary edition of Redwall, four consecutive seasons are equivalent to one human year, but the term "year" is never used in Redwall (with the exception of the very first book, Redwall) and Mossflower. Individual season names are sometimes used in place of years to imply years; for example, "four summers ago" means the same thing as "four years ago."
Seasons often mark milestone events in the history of Redwall and are named on Nameday. They are celebrated by a feast.
Documented Seasons in Redwall Abbey
- Summer of the Big Drought
- Summer of the Late Rose
- Summer of the Talking Squirrel
- Summer of the Lazy Trout
- Summer of the Golden Plain
- Summer of the Rosebay Willowherb
- Summer of the Singing Skylark
- Summer of Friendship
- Autumn of the Warriors' Return
- Autumn of the Homecomers
- Autumn of the Late Marjoram
- Autumn of the Weeping Willow
- Year of the Small Sweet Chestnut
- Winter of the Ceaseless Snows
- Winter of the Deep Drifts
- Winter of the Deepest Snow
- Winter of Slaughter