Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For other uses, see The Final Conflict (disambiguation).
Cluny seizes the family of a dormouse and threatens to kill them unless their father, Plumpen, betrays Redwall and opens the gates to the now huge army of rats. The plan works and Redwall is finally captured. But Matthias challenges Cluny and in a final confrontation, he kills him. Cornflower and Matthias are at last married and Redwall returns to its idyllic lifestyle. Matthias has become like the hero he admired in his childhood.
Differences from Redwall
- John Churchmouse states that he is the father of Cornflower and the grandfather of Mattimeo; in the book, Cornflower was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fieldmouse.
- It is mentioned in this episode that Dunwing takes over the Sparra warriors to become their queen. In the book, Warbeak becomes queen.
- During the final battle, Cluny the Scourge uses Cornflower as a hostage instead of Friar Hugo.
- Constance kills Fangburn by biting him, in the book, she smashes him against a wall several times.
- The deaths of Scumnose, Frogblood, Darkclaw and Killconey are not showed, in the Redwall TV Series.
- Matthias returns to Redwall from his expedition to retrieve the sword of Martin from Asmodeus. In the book, he returned as Cluny was seizing control of the Abbey. In order to have it more true to the book, a new scene is added in which Matthias, before Cluny begins to take over, goes off to recruit warriors and then returns during the final battle.
- In the book, Cluny lashes out at the Abbot and mortally wounds him with his tail-barb, but in the episode, Mortimer dies of an unknown cause.
- During the final battle, Cluny climbs up the bell tower, with Matthias following, before sliding down the bell rope to the floor. In the book, Matthias tries to escape Cluny by running up the tower, but Cluny never follows.
- In the series, Basil was put in stocks and chains. In the book, no such precaution was taken.
- In the book, Constance was sleeping in the grounds when she was netted. In the series, she was netted in her bed.
- Cluny's tail is cut off in the belltower in the series, whereas in the book, it was cut off in the grounds.
|The Redwall TV Series, Season 1|
01 Cluny the Scourge - part I | 02 Cluny the Scourge - part II | 03 Treachery | 04 Sparra's Kingdom | 05 Cluny's Clowns | 06 High Standards | 07 Captain Snow (Redwall Season 1) | 08 Battle Plans | 09 The Visitor | 10 A Favour Returned | 11 Asmodeus (Redwall Season 1) | 12 Underground | 13 The Final Conflict