|The Lost Legends of Redwall: Escape the Gloomer|
The Lost Legends of Redwall: Escape the Gloomer is the second episode of the The Lost Legends of Redwall video game series. It was first announced on November 19, 2017 at Free Play Florida (December 8 by Soma Games), and will involve The Gloomer.
Expected release is November 16, 2018, with an $8.97 price point upon launch.
The game is a collaboration between Soma Games and Clopas LLC, the company managed by video game designer and innovator Scott Adams.
Promotional materials for the game indicate a "classic text-adventure with modern updates like speech-to-text options, gorgeous hand-painted artwork, rich atmospheric music [and] professional voice actors."
Before Redwall Abbey, there was Kotir Castle, an abandoned fortress built over a large lake near the River Moss. It was taken over by the wildcat Verdauga Greeneyes and his Thousand Eyes army of vermin. Upon his untimely demise, his daughter Tsarmina began her evil rule. Subjugating the woodland inhabitants of Mossflower, this cruel Queen reigned using the army of a Thousand Eyes to collect food tribute from the peaceful forest dwellers. In her arsenal was a very special living weapon. A murderous insane creature kept deep in the bowels of the castle. Captured by her father, Gloomer the Greatrat was rightly feared by all. In these ancient days lived mighty heroes such as Martin the Warrior and Gonff Prince of Mousethieves.
Now our would be champion, Gillig directed by the otter leader Skipper, has been given a very special solo mission. Retrieve an ancient scroll once belonging to Verdauga. On the verge of being exiled from the otter crew, Gillig sees this as an opportunity to prove himself to the otter tribe – if he can overcome his weaknesses.
Your story begins with a descent down a rope into a ruined otter holt near Kotir Castle. What happens next will be totally up to you.
Escape the Gloomer will be divided into nine chapters.
- Third person narrative based game with emphasis on exploration and overcoming obstacles
- Nine chapters of interactive play with rich descriptions
- Intuitive UI that enables comfortable reading of text with page controls
- Family friendly: suitable for ages 12 and up
- Character development – progress Gillig from timid otter to noble Corim warrior
- Adds to Redwall lore with new backstories and familiar characters alike
- Conversational Adventure™ game elements
- Blind compatibility mode
- Multiple platforms supported (PC / Mac / Linux)
- Original illustrations created specifically for the game
- Sound effects and original musical soundtrack
- Professional Voice Acting
Escape the Gloomer features over 40,000 words, and 20 professional voice actors who have cumulatively voiced over 4.5 hours of dialogue.
|The Lost Legends of Redwall Video Games|