The Redwall Cookbook was published as an accessory to the Redwall series. It is the only official resource for Redwall recipes, with two exceptions (see Trivia section).
This book features numerous recipes from the Redwall series one can cook by themselves. All the recipes are vegetarian, with the obvious exception of Shrimp 'n' Hotroot Soup.
It also features illustrations from Christopher Denise.
The following recipes appear in the book:
- Hare's Pawspring Vegetable Soup
- Crispy Cheese 'n' Onion Hogbake
- Vegetable Casserole à La Foremole
- Gourmet Garrison Grilled Leeks
- Stuffed Springtide Mushrooms
- Abbot's Special Abbey Trifle
- Spiced Gatehouse Tea Bread
- Honeybaked Apples
- Hot Mint Tea
- Hotroot Sunsalad
- Brockhall Badger Carrot Cakes
- Great Hall Gooseberry Fool
- Cheerful Churchmouse Cherry Crisp
- Rosey's Jolly Raspberry Jelly Rock Cakes
- Afternoon Tea Scones with Strawberry Jam and Cream
- Squirrelmum's Blackberry and Apple Cake
- Guosim Shrew Shortbread
- Summer Strawberry Fizz
- Mole's Favourite Deeper'n'Ever Turnip'n'Tater'n'Beetroot Pie
- Bellringer's Reward (Roast Roots and Baked Spuds)
- October Ale
- Autumn Oat Favourites
- Hare's Haversack Crumble
- Harvestberry Sunset Pudd
- Loamhedge Legacy Nutbread
- Dibbun's Delight
- Golden Hill Pears
- Shrimp 'n' Hotroot Soup
- Veggible Molebake
- Stones Inna Swamp
- Savoury Squirrel Bakes
- Outside 'n' Inside Cobbler Riddle
- Rubbadeedubb Pudd
- Mossflower Mulled Cider
- In Redwall.org's Ask Brian, Volume 3, a reader asked if Brian Jacques "ever thought of publishing a Redwall cookbook?" The response was "I have thought about it and had many many requests like yours. But there are so many calls upon my time that this is not a priority at the moment. I would rather write another Redwall adventure!!" Approximately a decade later, this cookbook was finally published.
- A recipe for Hotroot Soup also appears in Tribes of Redwall Otters.
- A recipe for Honeybaked Apples also appears in the 2014 Vintage Children's Classics edition of Redwall.
- 2005, US, Philomel Books, ISBN 0399237917, Pub. Date: September 2005, Paperback