Mattimeo and his companions race to the landslide beneath which their parents are buried, and are seen by Slagar who sends fellow Slavers to recapture them. Within the cave Matthias and the pursuers are close to suffocating while above them-- and unknown to them-- Mattimeo digs frantically. And Slagar watches.
Beneath Redwall Abbey, John, father of the captured Tim and Tess, helps decipher the ancient Loamscript-- but it contains more questions than answers. They work on, unaware that solving the complex riddle will give them an answer to where their young ones are being taken. The answer indicates the South-- and Warbeak and her Sparra squadrons take copies of the partly-solved riddle and fly South to try and find Matthias.
Mattimeo is recaptured by Slagar and cruelly forced to abandon his dying father--it forces the last step in his transformation which chills even Slagar with its cold intensity. Mattimeo has become a warrior as, behind him, his father Matthias is released by Log-a-Log and his shrew army-- and prepares to again take up the pursuit.
Differences from Mattimeo
- After Slagar lured Matthias and the rest into the cave, the cave was pitch black; in the episode, the cave had a natural glow in its walls.
- After the slavers recaptured Mattimeo and the children of Redwall, it was Vitch who told them that hunger would make them more obedient, not Skinpaw.
- "Medieval Children's Toys"
- "Character Spotlight: Cheek"
- "Redwall Trivia: Guosim is another name for what Mossflower Wood creature?"
|The Redwall TV Series, Season 2|
01 Slagar the Slaver | 02 The Magician Revealed | 03 Where the Little Folk Go | 04 Found... And Lost | 05 To be a Warrior | 06 Ironbeak (Redwall Season 2) | 07 Peril in the Toplands | 08 Feathered Friends and Foes | 09 The Abyss (Redwall Season 2) | 10 Malkariss (Redwall Season 2) | 11 Battle | 12 Reunited | 13 Return to Redwall