- At a part in Mossflower Woods was the Rambling Rosehip Players;they were heading to Redwall Abbey. Celandine,a young squirrelmaid,was watching the butterflies,that was until she screamed.
- "Ah,get it off!! Ahhh!!!"Celandine yelled.
- A hare,Lazyears Wordstool,came over to her."Celandine,what are you screaming about about,wot?"he asked.
- Celandine pointed to a small spider on her yellow dress."Get it off!"she said.
- "Hah! Is that what you screamed about? HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!"laughed Celandine's brother Dofe.
- Celandine folded her arms."If only mother was here!"she said.
- "Your mother was bitten by that adder! If she was brave and would have ran,she would be here. You're taken after her unbraveness!"said Lazyears.
- Celandine couldn't take it."I'm going to Redwall by-my-self;I also quit the Rambling Rosehip Players! I'm not coming back!"she said as she picked up her sling.
- "Who needs you?!"yelled Dofe.
- What the Players didn't know is that Celandine meant what she said!