This new definition seems to lend credence towards "sable" referring to the color of fur (a dark color) versus the actual species of animal.
A characterization of the word "queen" (also spelled quean) previously overlooked refers to a mature female cat; this combined with Brian Jacques' past reference to quean meaning wicked seems to insinuate the titular character of The Sable Quean will be an evil dark-furred female cat of some sort, and in all likelihood she is an actual queen. Very interesting, can't wait to find out more.
This will be the first time BJ has written 2 consecutive books whose titles refer to the villain.
- "Sable Quean" appears on Amazon
- Sean Rubin tapped for "Sable Quean" illustrator
- BJ reveals "Sable Quean" details
- Howell continues cover artistry with TSQ
- Redwall Book 21: "The Sable Quean"