Warriors are seldom born, instead becoming the way they do through trial. As the strongest weapons are forged in the greatest fires, such is a true warrior forged with the greatest hardships and suffering, then tempered with experience. This is the story of such a warrior. This is the story of Jadrin Streamrunner.
My story begins in a small holt by the River Moss, a comfortable little cottage just north of the ruins of Saint Ninian’s church. The second of four kits, I was born in midsummer to Radlar and Brookflash Streamrunner. When I was old enough to understand, Mum told me that Skipjack, my elder brother by two seasons, had been just as excited as they were over my birth. I still remember her words:
“Jadrin, I thought your brother might g…
Read more >
A/N: Any characters and places not Brian Jacques' in this fic are mine, including Rainbow Cavern. A/N 2: The opening poem is still in progress.
- The pearls are gone, Mad Eyes is dead; a snake can't live without its head.
- I thought that marten's legacy would go away and leave me be.
- My paws would never raise my bow to kill again. But it's not so.
- The armored mouse has led me here, joined by the one I hold most dear.
- My husband yearns to live in peace. And so did I. I craved release.
- Release from war, release from hate. I almost crossed Dark Forest's gate
- To join my kin the day they died. They said it's easy, but they lied.
- Vengeance is now all I crave, nobeast now my soul can save.
You can put the past behind you, but sometimes it comes back.
Read more >